Monday, October 31, 2011

“Snowtober”

The fall season is one of my favorites…bright colored leaves of yellow, orange, and red…apple pies…pumpkins…cool crisp air….22 inches of snow.  Yes, that’s right!  Mother Nature decided to drop winter on New England just a wee bit early this year.  On October 29th, we experienced a history-making snow storm that blanketed all of New England with snow cover that closely resembles that of February!  We got 15 1/2 inches of snow here in Webster and were very fortunate that we didn’t lose power.  While much of the state is still without power and heat, we’re cozy warm in front of our wood stove…enjoying all the luxuries of modern technology!!


DSCN2465
Yes...that's right....well over a foot of snow...in OCTOBER!!!
DSCN2457
I don't think that york rake will be doing any good in this storm....
DSCN2458
The snow is beautiful...but I'm NOT ready for it!


DSCN2464

DSCN2460
The leaves haven't even fallen off of the trees!!


DSCN2468
Looking down the driveway...it's under there somewhere!
    
DSCN2427
Maybe we should've taken the patio furniture in this week....

AJ noticed that the landscape was different and brighter.  He stared at the snow through the windows, so I bundled him up…a 15 minute effort…to take him outside to see the snow…a 5 minute photo session.
   

Not such a fan of getting dressed up for the snow.

"I can't get up!"

IMG_4727
OK...I'm in the snow....now what?

IMG_4726

IMG_4736

IMG_4737


No comments:

Post a Comment