Thursday, November 24, 2011

“Nothing is more honorable than a grateful heart.”


On this day and always, I’m so very thankful for my family.  I am thankful for the family I made (both human and furry) and for the family that made me.  I’m thankful to have so many people in my life who support me and love me.   I’m thankful to live in such a beautiful home and to have a job that affords me all of the things to make my life as comfortable as it is.  I’m thankful for all of the struggles I’ve gone through that make me appreciate all of the good things in my life.  And so today,  I thank everyone in my life who has helped to shape me and my life.   I'm also thankful to have such a talented sister who took these wonderful photos.  Thank you, Renee...without you, my blog would be boring!

We had Thanksgiving dinner in Amherst at the Desrosiers’ household.  It’s always nice to get together with family to celebrate the holidays.  A.J., as usual, was enamored with his big cousin Ryan.  He can’t wait to be big and do all of the things that Ryan can do.

DSC_4890
Ryan's Mosaic Turkey for Grammy was a HUGE Hit!  Awesome job, Ryan!
DSC_4906
I just love this kid to pieces!!
    
DSC_4893
Finally...a picture WITH his Mommy!!
DSC_4895a
So handsome!
DSC_4897a
Showing everyone what a big boy he is...
DSC_4899a
Catching up to his big cousin Ryan!
              

DSC_4904a
Hanging out as a family....well almost...Lulu was camera-shy.

DSC_4913
Proud Pepere with his two boys!
Mom made many of the traditional holiday fixings…green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, French meat stuffing, and gravy.  And of course, you can’t forget the turkey!!  It seemed that everyone tried to make a claim on the old bird….

DSC_4919
Uh...no...he didn't cook the bird.
DSC_4921a
He always was an @$$ man!
         
But only this guy can take credit for cooking the bird!  Thanks Mike!

DSC_4915
Thank you for cooking the turkey, Mike!
               DSC_4920 
With the table set for a festive meal, we dug in and indulged in all that Thanksgiving has to offer.  A.J. was particularly excited to try his first Thanksgiving meal…and he LOVED it!

DSC_4896
DSC_4891a



DSC_4931


DSC_4932
Feasting at his first Thanksgiving dinner!
 
DSC_4934
He loved EVERY bite!

         
We had a wide variety of desserts, but the pumpkin whoopie pies I made were a big hit!  YUM!

DSC_4935

A.J. wasn’t his normal self thanks to two new teeth that are trying to make their debut…but he managed to take in a friendly game of Peek-a-Boo after dinner.  Check out those rosy cheeks!

DSC_4937
  DSC_4938

No comments:

Post a Comment