It's almost 9:00 PM on Christmas night....the entire Pouliot family is WIPED. This Christmas season was absolutely MAGICAL. I cannot believe how much fun it was to live the magic of Christmas through the eyes of my children. From the moment the elf arrived, to decorating the tree, and shopping for Christmas goodies, each and every day of this holiday season has been so much fun.
Prior to Christmas day, AJ and I made some yummy treats for the boys' teachers at school. We stuck miniature candy canes in marshmallows, dipped them in melted chocolate, and then rolled them in crushed peppermint candy canes. After they were all packaged up, we put them in cute little mugs with some packets of hot chocolate. A tasty treat for the holiday season. AJ's favorite part of this project was smashing the candy canes. He also enjoyed giving the presents to his teachers.



Shopping for the boys was a lot of fun this year. Along with store bought gifts, I wanted to do something special for the boys. I decided to make them some presents. I set to work on making super hero capes, and with help from my mom, the COOLEST, most OUT OF THIS WORLD rocket ship tent. It was so much fun working on these projects. I hope the boys know some day how much love went into each and every stitch. Along with the tent, I made a mobile of stars that glow in the dark to hang from the ceiling in the tent. I also made a cushion for the bottom. It's cozy enough to sleep in there! Santa of course did not disappoint. AJ's number one wish list item was a robot with a remote control. It's hard to say what he's most excited about....the guitar, the robot, the tent. Who knows...but he played with every. single. thing. I'm quite sure that for Robert, his favorite gift is a toss up between the new recliners and the rocket ship tent.
Have a look at a few pictures of our Christmas day today. (I apologize in advance for any blurry photos....the kids NEVER sit still.)
 |
| These are the super hero capes I made for the boys. Robert is still too little for his, but he will have one that he can grow into. |
 |
| Santa came to our house!!!! |
 |
| The Rocket Ship tent all set up for the boys on Christmas eve. |
 |
| New recliners that are "just like Daddy's". (This of course means we need to rearrange ALL of the furniture!) |
 |
| Robert woke before AJ. He tried so hard to just "look" and not touch. |
I showed the tent to the kids before we opened presents. They were both pretty excited about it. AJ was more stunned by it at first. Robert just thought it was the cat's pajamas!
After the kids played in their new tent for a while, it was time to open presents!!!!
 |
| Taking his super hero cape for a test spin. |
And of course after all the presents were opened, we HAD to PLAY with them....ALL!!
 |
| AJ just LOVED his remote control robot... |
 |
| Harley on the other hand hasn't relaxed since....even when it's turned OFF. |
 |
| They've even been playing TOGETHER!!! |
I hope all of your Christmases were as magical as ours! Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!
~ Love,
The Pouliot Family
No comments:
Post a Comment