Adam and I decided that we would take our family on our first BIG vacation since the babies were born. Since Mike and Renee LOVE to vacation in the Outer Banks, North Carolina, we decided to give it a go. We rented an AMAZING house in the Currituck Club in Corolla, NC and were thrilled to have the DuVarney family and my parents join us. This was by far one of the BEST vacations I've ever had. It was relaxing, beautiful, and filled with memories that I'm so grateful we were able to share with our kids.
| The boys did GREAT on their first long road trip! Lots of sleeping, lots of movies, and very few stops in between. |
| "Sweet Retreat" in the Currituck Club (Corolla, NC) I was pretty sure we reached Heaven after a very long car trip. |
| Yes....this was Heaven. |
We set the bar pretty high as vacation rentals go...whoops! The house was perfect from bottom to top. (And to get from bottom to top, it had its very own elevator.) All those pictures and that was JUST THE HOUSE! Now on to the activities!!
Of course we all enjoyed lounging by the pool. AJ really enjoyed "jumping" into the pool (as long as Uncle Mike was there to catch him), and Robert enjoyed the more relaxing "float" around the pool. I think the adults enjoyed the BEAUTIFUL weather and the ability to just SIT poolside.
| Check out AJ's muscles! |
| I think Adam made a new friend on vacation. |
| Boy this turtle really gets around! ;) |
Renee and Ryan race to the other side!
| Proper swim wear is a must! |
| Poor Robert missed all the excitement. The Hum-V was a little too soothing for him. |
| We were so excited to see horses as soon as we entered the preserve. |
This is a good place to stop. Tune in for the next OBX vaca post!
No comments:
Post a Comment