Well as expected, AJ wasn't thrilled with joining the group or listening to a coach's instruction. But we pressed forward and he completed all EIGHT weeks of RUNNING! (Let me decode that for you....I spent eight solid weeks begging, pleading, and bribing AJ to participate in activities that involved RUNNING in 90+ degree heat with 120% humidity. That's eight weeks of ME running around in shorts, sweating MY buns off and going home mentally exhausted trying to outsmart a three year old...all while doing an activity that I DESPISE. (really...I run from the couch to the fridge and back before commercials are over...and that's IT!) Getting a group of three year olds to do ANYTHING at the same time is a lot like herding cats.)
But all that said, we felt it was important to start teaching AJ about commitment and about good sportsmanship, and cheering on your team. I'm not sure if it all sunk in, but he worked hard to win the prize of his choosing....a STUFFIE (just like Ryan's).
| Running Games - Week #1 |
| Week #3 - We got AJ to wear the name tag. That in itself was a victory! |
| Flex those muscles! |
We don't have a whole lot of pictures from the weeks in between #1 and #8. Trust me when I tell you that there was a lot of sweat, tears (mine), and that we I did a lot of running. But finally....WEEK #8!!!
| Stretching before his big race to the finish line. He was extra motivated by the "uniform" they gave him (free t-shirt and hat). |
| AJ with his cheering section! |
And of course, all that hard work, dedication, and commitment to his "team" meant that he EARNED his prize.
And so we celebrated with ice cream at Friendly's.
No comments:
Post a Comment